- Job ID: 28
- Job Title: Assembler
- Type: Full-Time
- Posting Company: MP Systems
- Location: East Granby, CT 06026
- Category: Technical Services
MP Systems is a rapidly growing manufacturer of high pressure coolant systems, chillers, and accessories for the CNC machining industry. Our company designs, builds, installs, and services systems for various machine tool manufacturers worldwide. We offer solutions that help manufacturers maximize the most sophisticated machine tools available, and we’re committed to developing a diverse team of bright, capable, and empowered professionals. MP Systems is a division of Morris Group, Inc., a strong company with decades of growth in the machine tool industry and one of the largest machine tool distribution networks in North America.
Our fun, friendly work environment is focused on promoting from within. If the typical 9 to 5 office work day isn’t for you, consider this MP Systems opportunity:
As an Assembler, you’ll follow production orders to assemble high pressure coolant pumps, chillers and subassemblies. This includes mechanical, electrical, and plumbing assemblies. You will:
- Interpret and follow production orders including parts lists, prints, etc., to properly build assemblies and subassemblies.
- Assemble pump and chiller subassemblies including: Programmable Logic Controls, Pump Configurations, Circuit Boards, Motor Controls, Sheet Metal, Hydraulics Systems, Refrigeration Components, Filtration Systems, Sensors, etc.
- Review work orders to ensure that work is performed according to specifications.
- Report issues with quality, processes, equipment and materials to supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- Perform related and other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven track record of punctuality and attendance.
- Basic understanding of assembly tools; electrical and mechanical component understanding is a plus.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail with technical aptitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, professional and non-professional, coworkers, management personnel, the public and others.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
MP Systems offers premier benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life, AD&D, 401K Retirement, Charitable Contributions, Tuition Reimbursement, a competitive Paid Time Off Package for Work/Life Balance, Employee Recognition Events and MORE!
To apply, please submit your resume directly to [email protected]. If you have difficulty applying online or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Human Resources department at 860-687-3475.
Morris Group, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries, including MP Systems, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.